Eventful week

I wanted to share some pictures of the terrible thing that happened in our apartment this week. The week of my finals. I got a call on Monday while I was at school from our landlord that there was a leak in the apartment above ours. It had leaked into our closet and a lot of our clothes got wet. A couple hours later he called me again and told me the ceiling of our bedroom had fallen onto our bed. Hearing that news doesn't give you a good feeling inside. When I got home we spent 3 hours moving all our SOAKING wet clothes, blankets, and spare bedding out of the closet. And the last two days have been spent washing all of those wet items. Have you ever had to wash every piece of clothing you own at once? It really makes you think twice about saving that shirt you wear once a year because your friend/mom/friend's mom/sister gave it to you and you feel bad getting rid of it. Although this is a large inconveniece because we now don't have an apartment to stay in I feel much worse for our landlord who just bought the house and am so grateful for many things such as:
*the timing of it all with me having a 2 week break from school
*having wonderful parents and in-laws who let us use their washer and dryer and move in with them   for a few weeks
*the fact that we weren't sleeping in bed when the ceiling came down
*that the water didn't leak all over our living room where we keep my violin, printer, guitar, piano, sewing machine-pretty much everything valuable.
Not only did the ceiling cave in in our bedroom, but also in the kitchen, almost in the hallway, and close to it in the bathroom. Yes, the landlord and constructors have A LOT of work ahead of them.

our bedroom

our closet

our kitchen

the one thing that really mattered-our wedding album that all our guests signed




Comments

Popular Posts