A tale of two slippers

I started knitting these slippers two years ago when I became a knitting maniac. My mom bought the pattern to knit the slippers for me but she never got around to it so she gave me the pattern and materials and suggested I make them for myself (thanks mom!). I got more than half way finished with one slipper then just stopped. Stopped for two years. I even had to use the size nine needles once for another project so I transferred all the live stitches to some scrap yarn, then returned the needles when I was finished with my other project.

Well, a couple weeks ago I was getting fed up with doing homework and I decided that even though I'm in school full time I need to be knitting. I decided to devote even 15 minutes a day to knitting because it is good for my health and well-being. So one night as I was sitting in my living room and my brain was exhausted from doing school work, I went over to my basket, which is overflowing with fabric, yarn, and projects (finished and unfinished), and pulled out the almost completed slipper. I finished it and the other one in four days.

They are felted so they were HUGE before I washed them (I wish I would have taken a picture). But here is the finished product, at last. Let's see, I have been told they look like Oompa-Loompa shoes, troll shoes, and elf feet. Either way I know they will keep my feet warm in the winter time.






Comments

Popular Posts