AMRIKA!!!

I don't usually just write stories on the blog but I wanted to share one today...

Through my nursing program, I had the opportunity to volunteer at a flu shot clinic today. We student nurses got to give shots to people that have immigrated to the U.S. and most of whom live in refugee settlements on the west side of Salt Lake City. The first man to come in was from India. He walked around the room and shook all of our hands and introduced himself to all of us (there were 4 of us in the room). He called me Mrs. (cute!). After I gave him his shot he thanked me, thanked all of us, told us how much he loves "Amrika" (America), and how he loved all of us. He was so grateful and appreciative to receive that free flu shot.

Everytime I get to work with people like this man I am so humbled and so grateful for all that I have. How lucky and blessed are we that we live in America with all our freedoms. Just thought I'd share, sometimes it's nice to have a reminder of all we have to be grateful for. Have a lovely Saturday!

Comments

Popular Posts