Health Nut Cookies

When I go camping I love to snack whether I'm in the car, on a hike, or just hanging out around the camp. This week we're headed to southern Utah for some camping, hiking, and biking so I thought instead of munching on unhealthy snacks I would make some HEALTHY cookies. My amazing mother came up with the recipe just by tasting a health nut cookie at one of our favorite lunch spots in Midway. I thought I'd share the recipe but I am giving her all the credit.

                                                                               
HEALTH NUT COOKIES
1 c. peanut butter
1/2 c. honey
1 egg
1tsp. vanilla
3/4 c. applesauce
1 mashed banana
1 1/2 c. wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg 2 1/2 c. oats
1/2 c. coconut
1 c. craisins or raisins
1 1/2 c. chocolate chips
1 c. walnuts

Spoon onto a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10-11 minutes. Makes about 60 cookies.

You could add flaxseed, dried apricots or anything else healthy and tasty!

Comments

Popular Posts